The Atlantic hurricane season officially began Saturday, June 1st (it will run through November 30th) – The nation’s top hurricane forecasters have predicted that nine to 15 named storms, including four to eight hurricanes, could form in the Atlantic. IEEE MOVE is ready and poised to respond.
Since its inception, MOVE has deployed and supported disaster relief and recovery efforts for 7 hurricanes:
- Hurricane Michael (2018 – Florida)
- Hurricane Florence (2018 – North Carolina)
- Hurricane Maria (2017/2018 – Puerto Rico)
- Hurricane Irma (2017 – Florida)
- Hurricane Harvey (2017 – Houston)
- Hurricane Matthew (2016 – Florida and North Carolina)
- Hurricane Hermine (2016 – North Carolina)
Hurricanes are not the only disasters that the IEEE-USA MOVE truck has responded to. For details on all of our disaster relief deployments, please CLICK HERE.
You Can Help
MOVE is funded by donations like yours. Your support is greatly appreciated. Please consider helping the MOVE Community Outreach program by donating to the cause.
Interested in volunteering? Please visit our volunteer information page.